Monday, January 9, 2012

Best Laid Plans...

I spend an hour or so Friday night shuffling all the blocks around, trying to find an arrangement that made me happy.

Then spent the weekend in hospital hooked up to an IV and not allowed to eat (stomach ache, nothing major).


Came home late yesterday with instructions to take it easy for a week. I figure some simple sewing counts as easy, so here is my little Ruby lap quilt.



I think she still needs a couple of borders; probably a thin white one then a thicker coloured one...just need to decide which fabric to use.


7 comments:

Marg said...

Hope you're feeling much better now.
The Ruby quilt is really pretty, I agree a thin white border and wider coloured border would look lovely.

Maureen Carroll Sebek said...

love your blog! inspirational! So glad it was nothing serious might have required "stitches"! hahaha!

(come and join me on my blog, will you? it's not craftsy, but its fun and its for friends like YOU!)

Christine said...

Oh, no. Hope you're much better now. Your little Ruby quilt is lovely. Your border plans sound good too.

Lynda said...

Hi Kate

Sorry to read you've been unwell. Hope you are well on the mend now. Your lap quilt is so pretty and will look wonderful with some borders.

Dresden Quilter said...

It is gorgeous. Hope you are feeling better.

a good yarn said...

That's no way to spend a weekend - then again - no cooking, cleaning or washing. Mmmm, perhaps I should rethink that. Your quilt is absolutely charming! ann :-)

Roseanne said...

O it look lovely. I am glad you are filling better. I passed out at work today end up at the doctors, filling ok now.