Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The One Where Kate Gets a Sewing Room!

I know I'm a few days late spilling the beans but it's been crazy around here! It's no secret that I've been living with my mum, but not any more! Last weekend she moved into my grandma's house, as grandma has gone into care following her fall last year. As a result, I know have the house to myself and....a spare room!

It doesn't look like much right now; it desperately needs a coat of pain (hasn't had one in over 20 years), then I can start setting it up. There are also a few stray boxes that haven't moved house yet, but should be gone over the weekend hopefully.


My desk will move out of my room and into the new room (where the shelves currently are). A spare bed will go under the window, and a sewing table will go in the middle of the room. I'll finally be able to reclaim the dining room table and lounge room from all my sewing chaos.


Bella and Millie have found the whole process quite unsettling; Bella has always slept in mum's bed so we've had a few disturbed nights. Millie is also missing Jack, but she should get used to it soon. All in all, it's a very exciting time here at the House of Bella.

5 comments:

a good yarn said...

Wow! That is big news. Usually it's the kids who move out. Looking forwrad to seeing the transformation.

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

How exciting for you to have a room of your own to create in!!

Dresden Quilter said...

What great news! I love seeing new quilting rooms.

Robyn of Oz said...

How amazing for you Kate! It's usually the kids that move out.
Poor Bella. I hope she settles soon and is her old self again in no time.
Look forward to seeing what you do with your space.
Cheers

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Yeah! I am jealous of all of the space that you are going to have!

Congrats & Enjoy,
Stefanie