Monday, August 5, 2013

A Little Down Time

With an unexpected day off work I've finally made a start on quilting my 2012 Block of the Month quilt. It was basted a week ago but this is the first bit of spare time I've had to make a start.

I'm working with a feather design in each block using my usual tracing paper method. I love not having to mark the actual quilt.




 Stipple in the flying geese.


And a back and forth design in the stripes. 



I think I might run a couple of straight lines down the sashing but I'm not quite decided yet.

For info on using tracing paper, please see this post, and feel free to ask any questions.

1 comment:

Robyn of Oz said...

Nice work Kate! I especially like the fluidity of your stipple.
A couple of photos of your tracing paper method of quilting might be handy as a bit of a tutorial for those of us who are also unsatisfied with marking quilt tops.
Cheers