Sunday, August 31, 2008

Time flies...

The last few days have been pretty crazy; I handed in my PhD thesis last Wednesday, after 3 1/2 years of hard work! Since then I've been celebrating in a few different ways. I started the day with breakfast with a couple of close friends, the followed up the "hand in" with lunch with my lab mates and supervisor. I also suprised my supervisor, Belinda, with a lap quilt that I had made especially for her. She was so overwealmed she burst into tears!
This is the quilt top, before I quilted it on my machine:



After a couple of days R&R, I headed down the beach with a friend for a weekend of chilling out, watching TV, eating way too much and hanging out with my beautiful dog Millie. Then today I've come home, and purchased myself two of those beautiful Moda "Cotton Blossoms" jelly rolls; they are available in two colour-ways, "mother" and "daughter", and I've chosen the latter for those two patterns that I purchased a couple of weeks ago. Now I just need to buy a few bits of yardage, and I've got two more quilts to put together...

Anyway, now that i've got more free time, hopefully I can post a bit more of what I'm up to!

No comments: