Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Arrival

The first of the new babies arrived yesterday; my boss Belinda had a baby girl in the early hours of morning, named Sophie Grace. She was a rather large bub, 9 pounds 4oz, and a week late. Now I can label up the quilt ready for when I get to go and see them.


Bought myself some wool this morning; I'm a wanna-be knitter. I've been working on a knitted wrap for the last two years (it takes a back seat to quilting...), but it shouldn't take too much longer. It's made with alpaca wool which varies between a deep pinkish colour, and a light pink, and is so soft.
The wool I bought today is a "prism" wool; it's pink, purple, red, and brown. Unfortunately the colours don't show up well in the photo, but its nice in person. It's 30% soybean which I find interesting too.

Not much else to report; quilting of 4OT is coming along well. I've almost finished 5 of the 25 blocks. Pics will come soon.

1 comment:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Oh!!! That wool is sooooooooo pretty!