Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Spring has well and truely sprung here in Melbourne; the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and everything is in full bloom. I've been home all week with a cold that is bording on the flu, so I haven't made much sewing progress, so I've got pretty garden pictures to make up for it.

The first broccoli head has finally appeared:



The broad beans are continuing their mass flowering; I hope the beans aren't too far away!

The apricot is covered in flowers, and the peach isn't far behind:
The daffodils are in bloom:


The zucchinis have sprouted, and the pumpkins are just peeking out of the ground. I planted eight of each in case they didn't all germinate, and now I've had to find "homes" for all the spares! Fortunately I've got a few vegie-growing friends. I should be able to transplant the zucchini into the garden this weekend.

The strawberries are showing the first signs of fruit:

And the bees are busy helping themselves to the flowers on the rosemary (in the centre of the photo):

I hope you've enjoyed this little peek into my garden. I should be returning with a quilt-related post soon, as I've finished sewing the Sasafras blocks but they are waiting to be assembled.

1 comment:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Amazing pics of your garden Kate! You must have great growing ocnditions as well. Looking forward to seeing what quilty stuff you've been up to...