Saturday, September 11, 2010

Getting Older

I still love having a birthday, but I'm not quite so keen on getting older each year. It turned out to be a pretty good day, despite some not-so-sunny weather.

It started with a little pressie snuck out to the kitchen during the night.


Then I had a whole class of year 9 students sing 'happy birthday' to me.

The first of my ranunculus finally bloomed.


And I finished off the day with dinner with friends, and a very yummy croquembouche made by a friend.


Only three days of school to go!

7 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Sounds like you had an awesome day :^) So what was inside that cute little box???

Cathie said...

happy birthday KATe!!!!
how sweet of the class to sing to you ♥

julia said...

Hi Kate!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Glad to hear that your day was special...
Extra-Birthday-Hugs, Julia

Unknown said...

You share your birthday with my husband ! I hope you had a fantastic day , happy birthday !

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Kate. Hope you had a great day. Your 'cake' looks very yummy.

Kylie said...

Happy Birthday Kate. xxxx

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday! Don't think about getting older just enjoy the day. Pretty ranunculas! Ann :-)