Monday, July 11, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...

...I ask for suggestions!



My little lemon tree is heaving under the weight of all the fruit, and a little light pruning means I have 30-odd lemons in my kitchen waiting to be used.



My cupboard is already stocked with lemon marmalade and preserved lemons, and my freezer with lots of frozen juice. I've made chicken and lemon pie, lemon and yoghurt cake, and lemon delicious.


Any idea as to what I can do with the rest? Lemon butter isn't something that we use, and my mum is diabetic so we try to keep the sugar down as much as possible...and I've run out of ideas.

3 comments:

Candice said...

choc dipped candied lemon peel.
lemon tart.
Lemon sauce/butter.

That's all I can think of for now....

Geeky Goblin said...

I made lemon tart yesterday that was lovely. Not so great on the diabetic front but not as bad as some things- and it used two lemons (probably could've used the juice of three but it was bucketing at that point!)

Cathie said...

ahh there you go..lemons!!
i don't keep a lolly or licorice stash because it would disappear..that's my weakness!