Sunday, November 4, 2012

Long Weekend

Only half way though my long weekend, but I think I've managed to make the most of it so far. If I'd thought about it earlier I might have organised to go away, but no one has as much time off as me, so there wasn't much point.

I've managed to get all my cubes turned and stuffed; they just need to be stitched closed now. Fabric is Oh Deer by MoMo.

I did a little bit of sneaky shopping yesterday, and picked up some cute new shoes for summer. Now I just need to find an excuse to wear them!
 
 
Today was such a lovely day that I just had to go to the beach, so I headed to St Kilda for a wander along the sand. I love dipping my toes in the chilly water and feeling so refreshed. Just a tad too cold for swimming though. A lovely afternoon finished off with ice-cream before I headed home...



I've still got three days to fill. I think there might be a bit of quilting to be done, and a little pottering around in the garden. I'm also keen to start organising myself for christmas, and I have a few birthday presents to buy, as my bestest, longest friend is turning 30 soon. After this month I feel like it will be big downhill run into christmas, then the new year will be upon us!

2 comments:

Marg said...

Nice weather for a long weekend, yippee. Love your shoes!

Roseanne said...

your cubs look great.I just love your shoes. Nice to go to the beach. I had to work all week end but it is a public holiday tomorrow and I have the rest of the week off.