Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sewing Room Sneak Peek

It should probably be know as my office, as there is no sewing going on here, unless the bolts of fabric counts. There's just a little more organising to do before I'll show you the room. I've bought some shelves to hang, but I need to paint the brackets first; the shelves came in white but the brackets didn't. I'm also going to purchase a bench at some point that will be for cutting fabric; being tall I need something higher so I don't bend and hurt my back all the time, and using the kitchen bench isn't a long term solution. 

But for now, a peek at my quilt cabinet. Though it now has doors and is full of quilts rather than Bella.



And I wouldn't normally show anyone my bedroom, but I'm loving my new bed and all the butterfly goodness.


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't know what kind of room you have for your sewing but what I use to cut on is a small kitchen island that I bought for my sewing room. It is the right height for me and I am 5'8" - no bending. it is small though 36 x 36 when the extended leave is out, 36 x 25 I think when it isn't - is is made out of pine and I got it at an unfinished furniture store and did the varnishing myself.

Robyn of Oz said...

Kate, I'm only 5'5", but a normal bench would give me wellie in the hips. I have a kitchen table that my hubby made a box arrangement on and it has two pieces of MDF sheets on top. It's around 900mm high and is a perfect height for cutting. My bar stool fits neatly under it, so if I am working at the table - hand quilting or binding, I can sit on the stool to do the work. It's been brilliant. Though it is currently covered in stuff! :)