Thursday, January 22, 2015

Paradiso Baby Quilt

One thing I don't like about flying geese: all the off-cuts! Night Sky has a tonne of thrm, and while most are tiny, there are a decent number of larger triangles. So I did what any sane quilter would do: turn them into HSTs!

Then turned them into a little baby quilt.

Backed with some leftover Ikea fabric.

And quilted with Aurifil (which is now stocked in the shop).

My only dilemma now is how to bind it, when Paradiso hasn't been released yet!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

The baby quilt looks great - how about a solid for the binding?

Every time I make a Thimbleblossoms quilt these days I use the no waste flying geese method rather than the usual method. Same with all the half-square triangles - if I can use the no waste flying geese, even with different colour triangles on the sides, I will. Saves a lot of off-cuts and also there are less seams in the quilt top.

a good yarn said...

Two quilts from one - jumpy claps! I don't like wasting those sized pieces either. Can you wait for Paradiso or is there something in the stash you can use?

Robyn of Oz said...

I love stripy binding. You could always audition one of Emma Jean Jansen's Linen Cupboard stripes to see if the colourway works, or go either a solid or tone on tone that really compliments one of the colours. It's a toughie. I hate choosing the binding.