Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blooming

The beautiful weather continues here in Melbourne, and I just had to pop outside for more pictures of all the gorgeous flowers!



This is Scruffy; he is a stray that turned up on our doorstep about a year ago looking for food, and hasn't gone away. He lives in our front yard. He's an old boy, makes a lot of funny creaking noises instead of a proper meow, and likes to head-butt people. I don't think he particularly liked having his photo taken...And of course, my post would not be complete without a bit of fabric goodness. These will probably be my last purchase for a while, unless the Aussie dollar starts to head upwards again. The top two fabrics are for a Blossom charm quilt I'm planning on making sometime in the future, the yellow is for the back of the Sheep quilt, and the red is for the back of B's baby quilt...

3 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Just love the pretty fabrics, you picked well! I must admit I've never heard of a head-butting cat though...

Scottish Nanna said...

Love your roses.The cat looks cute. Nice material.
Hugs Mary.

Sue said...

My friend also collects cats. She had one at the front door, two at the back door and two inside. She is on holidays for 3 weeks and the brood has increased while I have been cat sitting. 2 at the front door, 4 at the back door and two inside.