Friday, October 31, 2008

The long and short of it

As predicted, I've very successfully avoided stitching the binding onto my Crabapple quilt this week. There has been a lot going on, and I just haven't had the desire to work on it. In the meantime, I've been stitching Cotton Blossom jelly roll strips together for the back of the Wallflower quilt, and noticed something I've never noticed before. All the fabrics have different widths. I knew that fabric could vary from 40-44 inches, but I didn't realise that they could vary this much within a single line of fabric.
I lined up all the selvages at one end, and this was the result at the other end... very strange. Anyway, I hope to have some decent progress to show off soon. Unfortunately I've come down with a lovely cold which means I don't really feel like doing much of anything.

1 comment:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hope you feel better soon! Lots of rest and fluids. One day you'll feel like doing the binding. Do you have the binding made yet? That's the first step. Very interesting about the width of fabrics within a line, I wouldn't have expected it either.Hmmm