Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day Trips

It's been a very busy weekend, with little time for quilting. Plus the weather has been warm enough that being stuck under a heavy quilt isn't a particularly enticing idea...

Yesterday I did a bit of fabric shopping around Melbourne...

The fabrics required for C's baby quilt:

Some Liberty fabric for my Pappilion quilt. I need three Liberty fabrics, but as they are a bit pricey, I'm collecting them one at a time. Fortunately when I turned up yesterday, the shop had 20% off everything, so I made the most of it and grabbed one that I needed.

And there was also a table of fabrics for $5 or $10 a meter, so I picked up a meter of this fabric. Not sure what I'll do with it, but Melly & Me softies might work, or some cute cushions as gifts...


Then today, I took a day trip to Malmsbury with my mum; it's a smallish town noth-west of Melbourne. We went for the opening of an art exhibition at the Woodbine Art Gallery. It's only small, but features amazing botanical art drawings. Afterwards we had lunch at the local bakery and then wandered around the lake, where there were lots of ducks and geese.
And finally, I finished the top for B's baby quilt. Now I just need the backing to arrive in the post and it's ready to quilt!

2 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Yay! Kate got one baby quilt top finished! Good job, I really like how it looks. A day out with your mum and some fabric shopping and lunch out too? Fabulous!

Christine said...

B's baby quilt looks fantastic. I am always drawn to quilts that have a light/white contrast or background. Can't wait to see it quilted.
Christine