Thursday, January 21, 2010

A New Apron

Tired of wearing my old, worn-out apron, I whipped myself up a pretty new one. The neck strap on my old one was held together with string, and the ties were so tattered I got tangled up trying to undo them.

I used inexpensive decorator-weight fabric from lincraft, traced around my old apron and added an inch. Then I folded the hem over twice, and top-stitched it down. Added a neck strap (I like my apron up high cos Im a grub) and two ties, and an hour later had myself a cute new apron. Plus I've got enough fabric left to either make a second apron, or some cute cushion covers.


As a post-script to yesterday's post, I ummed and ahhhed about the border on Red Velvet and decided I really wasn't happy (I'm a virgo, and therefore something of a perfectionist). I had a bit of border left with the pattern in the right position but it was a touch too short. Fortunately I could tack a little on the end that matched the pattern on the side border, and I'm happy with how it looks now. I'll take an extra seam over a mismatched pattern any day!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Cute, cute apron! Glad you resolved your Red Velvet...you have to be happy with it!

Jelly Wares said...

Cute Apron Kate!!! I love the fabric...

Hugs
Jodie :)

Bec said...

Cool apron!