Friday, January 9, 2009

So...

...I've been a bit quiet on here, I know...but I have been doing stuff, I promise! I finished the flying geese earlier in the week, and on Wednesday I finished all the large 9-patches.





I'm about to start the smaller 9-patches. And I made labels for two finished quilts; Crabapple and Wallflower. Yes, I did finish Crabapple all the way back in November, but I'm a bit slack when it comes to labels. And I haven't actually put them on yet, but I'll get there!

I've also been down the beach a couple of days, visiting my Grandma. That always keeps me on my toes. Fortunately the dogs got to come with us, so we got to take them walking on the beach. It's funny though; Jack loves swimming, and Millie can't get out of the water fast enough.


Bella is finding new and unusual places to sleep, like on the tv with her nose on the cable (Foxtel) box.... we think she likes the heat from the lamp.

And my big news? I start my new, first-ever proper job on Monday! Ok, so it's in the same lab that I did my PhD, but it's a proper, paying job, and on a completely differerent project. And the good part is I'm working 4 days a week, which leaves an extra day for quilting!

4 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Good to see you've been busy making the flying geese and 9-patches. What fabric line are you using??

Congrats on the job and good luck on Monday if I don't talk to you before then. Hope you can get more quilting done this weekend :^)

Liz Harrell said...

4 day work week! YES! That's my dream. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your job!!!! That is so exciting and I hope you will Love, Love, Love it!!! A day free to quilt and a salary to pay for more fabrics - perfect!!! =]
Have a great weekend.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice blocks there and congrats on the new job.........