Friday, March 11, 2011

Fried Rice and iPhones

I've been a bit of a slack blogger; I started back at uni last week and the sewing machine has pretty much sat idle since then, as I comprehend the number of assignments I need to complete over the next three months.

Last night for dinner I whipped up a quick and easy fried rice. For this one all you need is some cooked rice (preferably cooled), and whatever "filling" you want. I use bacon, some cooked egg, peas, carrot (pre-cooked) and corn kernals. Mix the whole lot together in a frying pan until warmed through then glug over some soy sauce and serve! Bean shoots are a nice addition too, but mine was a 'what's in the fridge?' dinner.


I have been doing a little bit of sewing; some iPhone/iPod pouches for my next market. Just a handful to see if there is any interest, though I'm finding that what sells well one market can sit untouched the next.

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

The fried rice looks delicious! My mom used to make it when I was growing up but she used Spam. I used to love it the way she made it then. Now not so much, I'd much prefer some "real" type of meat/protein.

You'll have no problems getting through uni!

MJ said...

I really like the iphone pouches!

I know what you mean about Uni - I am sitting here procrastinating when I am supposed to be reading about curriculum as a narrative *yawn*

Renee said...

oops - sorry Kate, that last comment was me! I didn't realise my husband was still logged in!