Monday, March 21, 2011

Quilting Ideas: 2009 FQS Mystery BOM

I've been sitting on the quilt for quite some time, and I've even had the backing and batting sitting by also. But I just haven't had the mojo to quilt it! I've pieced the backing today so I'm getting closer to being ready.


Any suggestions for quilting design? I was thinking a feather design or similar for each of the blocks, stipple in the green sashing...but what for the little stars and the centre? I've only seen one other quilted so I'm a bit lost for inspiration, and this quilt really deserves to be finished.

4 comments:

Roseanne said...

Your quilt is very nice. I love the colour that you have used.

julia said...

hi kate! great job!!!
my idea for quilting this, would be to highlight the stars by doing some curved outline quilting (is that even understandable??) plus a feathery design for the background...
i don't know whether i would be able to do that, but this is what i think would look good :)
julia
...who now has a bad conscience about the 10 finished blocks that are hidden in the cupboard...!

Anonymous said...

I have all my blocks finished and the finishing kit keeps staring at me..I really thought I'd get this one done this winter. I'm starting the next one in May so I think I better get at it before then.
I plan to quilt each block separately and the middle star with curves and feathers to match the sashing and borders. The smaller star with cc's and somekind ytbd design for the centers. It should be a fun one to do.

Stitched With Prayer said...

I'm sorry I don't have any ideas for quilting on it but I had to tell you how lovely the quilt top is. I have everything here to make this quilt but have only sewn the very first block together. When I signed up for this quilt, I belonged to 6 other BOM clubs at local quilt shops in my area and so I finished the blocks I had to attend a class for each month and set this beauty aside. Last year poor health prevented my sewing, I only made one quilt last year. I had thoughts of using my fabrics from this Mystery BOM for another project but after seeing yours completed, I'm going to finish it as intended. Thanks so much for sharing it and I can't wait to see it quilted. Hugs...