Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Squeeee

What does a sensible girl do when she finally ditches the guy who has time for everyone but her? And I mean the type that can't even be bothered to send a postcard from overseas?

She heads to Europe of course! I've been wanting to do this trip for a while, and now it's clear I don't have a travel buddy, I'm heading out on my own. I just booked today and I'm so excited. I'll be doing 4 days in each of London and Paris, then heading over to Italy to spend two weeks travelling around (map below). Pizza, pasta, gelato!


My friends and sister have also been totally lovely to me the last few days; I've had lunch, dinner and movie invitations coming out my ears which makes me feel so special. My grandma (who is recovering well from her head injury) may have even had a few things to say to cheer me up.

Scrappy Trip

I snuck in a little sewing time last night and today (sticking to my resolutions!), with six more scrappy tripalong blocks to show for it. I've now got 20, and still lots of strips, so I've decided to go the whole hog and head for 36!

Scrappp Trip

Friday's task will be to get back into the Cuzco quilt; I think I've solved my triangle problems, just need to see if I can pull it all together.

7 comments:

a good yarn said...

Good for you! What a fantastic adventure! Start saving your pennies for Italy as I'm told the shopping is amazing. Glad to learn that your Grandma is recovering well. Scrappy Trip a Long (wonder if that was an omen?) blocks are looking good.

Marg said...

Fantastic! In 2009 I did a tour in Europe by myself, it was great. I got to meet lots of people and everyone always made me feel welcome. You will love it.

Marg said...

Fantastic! In 2009 I did a tour in Europe by myself, it was great. I got to meet lots of people and everyone always made me feel welcome. You will love it.

Kate R said...

Good for you! A bit of sewing and nights with the girls sound great. And a trip to Europe?!? Fantastic!!

5Bent Needles said...

Fresh start to 2013, well done
All sounds enviable - sewing, girly times, travel and eating

Robyn of Oz said...

Congratulations and good for you! This sounds like a wonderful trip, and I am sure that you will find the appropriate shops to come home with extra fabric, so make sure there is room in your case!
Your scrappy is coming along nicely and looks beautifully scrappy. I hope to join in, but I'll be unfashionable and start mine when everyone else's is back from the quilters! :)

Dresden Quilter said...

Come to Canada! Have a great time on your trip. I love your blocks.