Sunday, February 22, 2009

AQC

I haven't done any more sewing this week; my physio has been working me hard, and I've been too sore up till now. I'm hoping to get back into it a bit this afternoon, but will see how it goes. In the meantime, is anyone planning to go to the Australasian Quilt Convention (AQC) this week?


For those that don't know, it's being held from Thursday until Sunday, at the Royal Exhibition Building in the Carlton Gardens, Melbourne. I'm excited that it's moving to a larger venue this year; I really enjoyed it last year but there just wasn't enough room! I'm looking forward to doing a bit of shopping; the Aussie dollar makes it a bit more reasonable to buy stuff here rather than over the net at the moment, and there are a few seminars I'm considering, particularly the one on using jelly rolls. I've got a pile of those building up that I should use!


I had planned to go on Sunday, but I've got C's baby shower, so I'll be there on Saturday instead. I did my baby shower shopping this morning; it's so much fun buying cute baby stuff! I've put together a bit of a hamper, but I'll wait till next week to show photos just in case C is lurking on here... I also treated myself to a book I've been wanting: 500 Cocktails.

1 comment:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I'd love to go to the AQC! Too bad I'm far away in Canada...besides I've got a quilt retreat to go to that weekend! Take care of your arms/shoulders and do what physio tells you to do so you can heal up faster and then you'll be quilting sooner, okay??