Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Work-Free Wednesdays

I love Wednesdays; I get a whole, uninterrupted day to do just what I want. Normally that means heading to the gym, as it's usually quiet on a weekday morning. But not today; the physio said no exercise for a week, and I'm secretly quite pleased!

The verdict is that I've bruised the muscles around my shoulder blades, which is why I get sore the more I use my arms. So I got a bit of massage, some acupuncture, and now I'm taped up like you wouldn't believe. So much so that I can't look over my own shoulder!

Today's mission was to quilt the centre panels of the sheep quilt, and I made it, bit-by-bit. I've found that if I do little bits at a time, its not too bad. And to be honest, driving my car causes more pain than quilting... as does reading Homespun apparently. Anyway, I've free-motion quilted each of the four centre panels, and in amongst the fence posts. All that's left is to quilt in the ditch along the coloured blocks, then stipple the outer border.


Bella also assumed her normal position on my bed; though when I'm at the sewing machine, she spreads out along the back of the machine.


I also usually cook something a little different for dinner on my day off. Last week I was given a goody bag of Italian cheese products; Parmesan, Romano, and lots of tubs of ricotta. So tonight I made a risotto. I prefer a less traditional oven-baked risotto, I find the result much more satisfying. Plus I don't have to stand at the stove and stir for 40 minutes. I can use the same basic recipe, and add in whatever I want at the end. Tonight I stirred through roasted pumpkin cubes and spinach, and a pile of grated Romano cheese.



1 comment:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Jeez Kate! OUCH! Take it easy and give your body a chance to heal. Hope you've enjoyed your day off :^)