Monday, December 1, 2008

Summer!

It's oficially the first day of summer today! The weather has been a bit on and off the last few weeks, but today seems to be ok; warm without being hot.

The fabric for my tablerunner backing only arrived today, so I haven't got them finished yet, sorry. Hopefully in a few days if I've had a bit of time at home. However, I haven't been completely slack! I've been working on a Dilbert for a 3 year old boy I know, who will be getting it for Christmas. I've got all the spikes done too, just need to sew the body together, then finish off...

I've also picked up another Liberty fabric that I need for the Pappilion quilt. I don't plan on making this quilt anytime soon, but I'd like to have all the fabrics for when I do. One more to go!

And I bought a Portobello Market fat 1/4 bundle. My sister turns 21 next year, and I'm already planning on what quilt to make for her. I've chosen the 4OT pattern from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. (Bad photo sorry, all the fat 1/4s are loose in a box).


The lovely weather we've been having has bought a few new visitors to my garden. We have a family of Magpies in the street which like to come to the front door for a feed. One in particular is quite happy to take food from my hand, so it gets more than all the others....


Also, out Feijoa tree is covered in flowers, which is feeding about 6 gorgeous parrots.

3 comments:

BizarreQuilter said...

Wow! your feijoa is big! We've got about 10 planted, but we neglect them. They don't get much water, but they are well mulched. They are about 1 metre or 1.5 metres tall. We had a STACK of fruit for the first time last year.

Got any feijoa recipes?

Looking forward to seeing Dilbert made. Let us know if the spikes are too tricky.

Loz in Oz

Liz Harrell said...

Oh wow. That parrot is fantastic!

Teresa said...

How lovely to have such beautiful visitors!