Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas is Coming

It's the crazy last week leading into Christmas and everything has shifted into overdrive. I've been trying to squeeze in time with as many friends as possible, while also finishing off two quilts and just generally taking in the Christmas spirit.

I had dinner with my oldest friend during the week, and was lucky enough to sample a selection of her amazing Christmas cookies. I do love having a pastry chef for my bestie.


I managed to get binding on both quilts I'm trying to finish. There was a little panic when I realised I hadn't actually bought fabric to bind Star Blossoms (below), but a quick rummage through my stash fixed that with a little Vintage Modern.


I remembered last night that I had other Christmas decorations stashed away, and hung the star light and paper chains. Bella is just checking things out, and waiting for me to leave so she can crash-tackle the tree.
 

A quick little baking session this morning before I head out for today's festivities. I love my shortbread recipe.
 

Just a reminder that the shop will close at noon on the 24th of December, and re-open on January 3.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Such gorgeous Christmas things going on your way. Just love the biscuits, they look yum.
Cheers, Anita.

Marg said...

Merry Christmas, your christmas decorations look very festive.
Those biscuits look fabulous, lucky you.

Robyn of Oz said...

Merry Christmas to you Kate, and Bella of course! (Her waiting for you to leave reminds me of that facebook meme : "wreck the tree and blame the doggies, fa la la la la, fa la la la!). I'm sure she will. :)
Love the quilt, it really looks lovely.
Cheers