Friday, August 15, 2014

Barossa Valley Weekend

My partner and I met on a flight interstate, so it's no surprise that we like to travel a bit. We've squeezed in quite a few little trips over the last few weeks, with last weekend being the Barossa Valley. 

The view from our hotel of the Adelaide Hills was pretty nice, and we enjoyed a lovely dinner with a few friends in town.


What a divine place to visit! So many wineries to visit, too many to cover in just one weekend. We joined a group of 23 others to chug around on a big bus and visit just a couple. First stop was Peter Lehmann and a tasting of several of their wines, from whites to reds to moscato. Their reds really hit the spot.

For lunch we had antipasto platters, and my partner and I snapped up a bottle of red to go with it. The perfect combination.

Back on the bus after lunch and down the road to Penfolds, where we had a private tasting of some of their premium wines. We even got to try the Grange, but to be honest I quite liked some one their "lower" end wines better.


1 comment:

Robyn of Oz said...

Yum! And what a romantic story about you meeting. :)
If you like reds a lot, try the winery walkabout up at Rutherglen on the Queen's Birthday weekend. I went many, many years ago and it was lovely. It was in its infancy back then. I'm sure it is much more sophisticated and some very fine drops up the Hume there. ;)