Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Little Ray of Sunshine

As the weather warms up, I find myself spending less time at the sewing machine, and more time outside pottering around in the garden. As a result, progress on Imagine has been a bit slow, but the centre is finally done, with only the borders left to do. I have never made such wonky, non-square blocks in my life, but it seems to have come together ok (with a bit of not-so-gentle easing).




My vegie garden has finally started to be a bit more productive; I pulled up my first carrots on the weekend, and I've just picked some peas and broadbeans for dinner. The snow peas have gone nuts, so I've taken to just picking them off and eating them while I potter around the garden.




I've just taken a banana cake from the oven; it smells divine! It's meant to have passionfruit icing, but I think I'm going to make lemon instead, as I've still got plenty of those hanging on the tree!




To make this cake, cream 125g butter with 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs and beat until combined. Then stir in 1 1/2 cups SR flour, 1 tsp mixed spice, 1/2 tsp bi carb soda, 2 mashed bananas, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup milk. Pour into a loaf time (15x25cm) and bake at 180 degrees C (160 fan-forced) for 50 min. Cool in tin for 5 min then remove onto cooling rack. Ice as desired.



Today is the first day of a five day break from work...hopefully I can start getting into Simple Abundance in the next few days....only three weeks of work to go!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your Imagine is just wonderful and the banana cake divine...enjoy your time off from work. Do fun things!

Unknown said...

Love your quilt ! Have a great break from work , take care .