Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ups and Downs

It's been one of those weeks where things aren't quite going the way I'd hoped...

My lab missed out on funding for next year, so my job will finish up when I go on holidays, barring any money suddenly appearing....and I've re-strained my back, so my physio is working madly to fix it before my big trip....I went shopping today for stuff for dinner, forgot to by something that I needed, and got charged twice for something else (and didn't realise till I got home)!

But, on the up side, my mystery BOM package finally arrived, and I've almost got the block together. And I've finally got the borders on Imagine. My cauliflower plants have finally started to produce heads (I almost pulled them out last week). And the roses in my front garden are looking pretty fab.

Yellow standard; the flowers are always a bit floppy, like it hasn't had enough water...

Gorgeous bud...

...which opens up to this!

Another yellow rose

And another of the gorgeous standards along my front path.
Till next time!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Kate your roses are gorgeous...your Imagine is beautiful. I'm so sorry your back is bad again. Hope it gets fixed really soon. Darn grocery store...I hate when I get home and find out something's missing or that I've been over charged.Fingers crossed that they'll have second thoughts about your lab funding.

Renee said...

Sorry to hear your lab missed their funding Kate. Science really does suck sometimes. I hope you find another position quickly.

BTW - your roses are beautiful. I am very envious of your garden! We live in a flat and only have room for a couple of pots on the balcony. I really miss having a backyard and space to grow flowers and veges.

an encourager said...

I'm so thankful you have those beautiful roses to lift your heart after the not-so-great day.

Ginger Patches said...

your roses are gorgeous!! I love your quilt top, great colors :)

Teresa said...

Lovely Roses Kate! I'm not surprised. Funny how so many quilters are gardeners too.