Thursday, April 29, 2010

BOM 11

My sewing machine has finally returned, and BOM block 11 is all stitched up. The points of the brown fabric haven't worked at all; I've never stitched two pieces together where the angle of the seam is different, so that was a bit of a boo-boo, but I figure it'll add character.


My machine has also come home with a new voice; I'm not sure if that is normal post-service, but she has had her belt reset which could explain it. She may have even sounded like this when I got her, but for ages she has been deep "voiced" and rattly, so this new higher hum is change...

Now I'm ready to stitch the next border on Summerwind, and start assembling the BOM finishing kit. See you soon!

4 comments:

a good yarn said...

It must be nice to have your *girl* back and put her to work again. Don't worry about your points - I agree, it will add character and most folks wouldn't notice until you point them out. Ann :-)

Kylie said...

Hi Kate - I am also doing this BOM. Have not done Block 11 yet - hopefully this weekend and I can't wait to get into the finishing kit. I am enjoying this BOM so much - easy to follow instructions and lots of left over fabric.

Carol said...

I'm so glad your machine is home. That was an odd block to piece. Have fun with your finishing kit...you'll enjoy it!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Block #11 and the finishing kits are on the agenda this weekend. I can't wait for the last block to arrive so this gorgeous quilt can be all put together!