Friday, April 2, 2010

Pretty in Pink

I'm going a little off-topic today; I don't have a quilt picture yet, so I'm hoping to distract you with something else. As part of setting up my business, I decided that I needed a filing cabinet to keep myself organised. But do you think I could find anything that fitted under my desk, didn't cost a fortune, and wasn't grey!

I compromised, and bought one that was cheap, small and grey...and took to it with a can of pink spray paint! It's been a week in the making, with a couple of coats of white primer, then a couple of cans of spray paint. It's not perfect, but it sure beats having a grey cabinet in my bedroom (which is also my "office")!

It used to look like this:

And now it looks like this:

And I've got cute blue files just for a bit of contrast:

Mini Jelly Filled is coming soon, I promise, I just need to hand-stitch the binding down...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the filing cabinet , what a great job you did !

Carol said...

That is just a wonderful filing cabinet...you did an awesome job.

Ginger Patches said...

Oh soooo cute!! I have one of those in my garage...feel the need to paint it now :)