Friday, August 13, 2010

Finally Friday

I've survived the first four weeks of uni; the early starts, the late finishes, long classes and assignments. We are all meant to be spending the next four weeks in secondary schools, but unfortunately they haven't found a place for me yet...

In the midst of a very busy day, I finally got around to assembling the blocks of A La Mode. Bella provided a few unwanted distractions by scattering the blocks when I wasn't looking, but now the centre is safely stitched up.



I also finished up another pin cushion, using left over pinwheel squares from the quilt. I'm loving how these are turning out.


And...I booked another trip to the USA today! I've been thinking about it ever since I got home in December, so in August next year I'll be heading across for 4 1/2 weeks.

Lastly, just to show how much Bella is my own personal detructo-cat; this is what's left of our tea-bag chook that lived next to the kettle....

9 comments:

Renee said...

what a bugger about your placement Kate. I hope they find you somewhere soon. Good on you for getting through the first few weeks.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm sure they'll find a place for you soon.

Your quilt is coming together beautifully. I love the pinwheels within the stars.

Carol said...

Fingers crossed that they find you a place really soon! Love your Ala Mode stars!

julia said...

I'm, too, crossing my fingers that you'll get a place soon!
Lvoe 'A la mode'...maybe Bella wasn't satisfied with your placement choices? Although I think that they're perfect...

Unknown said...

You really are a busy girl , I don't know how you do it !

a good yarn said...

It must feel good to get so much done when you are busy. I'm sure you will have a placement soon. Lucky girl, travelling to the States. ann ...

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your ala mode is wonderful so far Kate!

Crossing my fingers and toes that you'll get a placement very soon.

Exciting that you're returning to the US!

John'aLee said...

Your pinwheels are beautiful!

Bec said...

Oh no, your poor chook.....