Monday, October 4, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Melbourne really turned it on this weekend, providing two beautiful sunny days of about 24 degrees. It was nice to spend most of the weekend outdoors rather than inside huddled up against the cold. Bella also spent most of the weekend trying to make a dash for freedom everytime a door was opened.

It gave me the chance to get a few things done in the vegie patch in preparation for summer; I planted up some basil, pumpkin, chilli, coriander, zucchini and tomatoes. The sun and heat also caused the Quince to burst into flower, and the cherry blossom is just starting too.



The evenings are still cool, so I took the opportunity to work with Bliss; I've seen a few Short Story Schnibbles and was inspired. Too late I realised that I need a particular ruler that I don't have. While I wait for one to arrive, I'm getting all the pieces ready.



And I've bought myself a skirt pattern; it's something I've wanted to try for a while, but we'll see how long it takes me to get up the nerve to give it a go. The pattern looks simple enough, and I've certainly got enough fabric to make a few.



(I'm aiming for the longer version on the right)

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Do give your pattern a try! so long as you read the instructions thoroughly all should go well. Pretty blossoms in your garden and I adore quince. Bliss is such a charming fabric range. Ann :-)