Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Good News

Ever have one of those weeks (or months) where everything seems to go your way? Apparently it's finally my time! I've been offered a part-time job, which I'm still thinking over...trying to weigh up the pros and cons, but I think I'll probably take it unless a better offer comes my way in the next week... It's not perfect, but something is better than nothing.


Things are coming along nicely in the garden; I think summer has left us now so it's time to start looking ahead to winter.



The zucchini glut is pretty much over; there are a few babies left still, but they don't seem to grow as quickly now that we aren't getting the hot weather.

The bok choy is in and growing; love this in my stir fries.

I have a couple of pumpkins growing too; after an attack by a whipper snipper early on (lost some fruit), the plant has bounced back well ('scuse the weeds).




The quinces seem to have ripened way earlier than usual; I already have quite a collection on my kitchen bench which I need to get poaching. They take a bit of time but are definitely worth it.



I've got two markets lined up for this month. The Boutique Market is on Sunday 18th March from 9-1 at the Malvern Town Hall. I'll have all my fabric and patterns there as per Mathilda's Market.



Then on the following Sunday, 25th March, I'll be at the Huckleberry Market in Mornington from 9-2 with a mix of fabrics and handmade goodies. Click on the links over on the right for more info on either market.

4 comments:

Marg said...

Good luck with the job hunting.
Your fruit and vegetables look great, it's lovely to have home grown.

Lynda said...

Congratulations on the job offer Kate. I hope it turns out yo be something you'd really like.

Kendi said...

Spectacular article, it has almost everything I needed to find. Thank you for putting the effort and time to write it. Please continue posting. Next time even more exciting stuff.

kendi of website design philippines

Melody Lowes said...

Looks like your gardening experiences are slightly different than mine! melodylowes.blogspot.com I enjoy all things home-grown - Canadian style!