Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chocolate Ripple Cake

We had an International Food Day at work last week, and one of the girls asked me to make Chocolate Ripple Cake, as she'd never had it before. I was suprised how many people didn't know what it was; it's such a classic Aussie dessert!

You'll need a pack of Arnott's Choc Ripple biscuits, and a 500ml bottle of cream. Whip the cream (a spoonful of icing sugar in it will just sweeten it up a little, otherwise a dash of vanilla is nice). Then spread some cream on a biscuit and sandwhich the next one on. Repeat using about 1/3 of the cream until all the biscuits are joined. I do two rows for mine.


Then cover the whole thing using the remaining cream. Lather it on nice and thick. Then put it in the fridge for at least six hours, or overnight if you can. The biscuits will go all soft and cakey. Then when you serve it, make sure to slice on a slight angle (about 45 degrees), and you'll get nice layers of biscuits and cream.

Not only was the whole thing polished off in record time, but I came second in the favourite dessert vote.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Haven't made that for so long. Lad your workmates loved it.

Pam said...

I have made a version of this with ginger biscuits, dipping them into a little sweet wine first. But the chocolate looks good, I will see if I can get those biscuits in the UK.

Chookyblue...... said...

this sounds great.....

Ellen in Oregon said...

My family has made our American version of this delicious dessert for over 50 years. The easiest and most delicious dessert you can make. Friends always think I spent hours slaving to make it. You are right about cutting it on a 45 degree angles to expose all the beautiful layers of black and white. I make mine with Nibisco Famous Chocolate wafers, but now that I can find Arnotts Biscuits in American stores I will be making your version as it looks even more decadant. Don't even think about cutting it before 6-8 hrs. or the biscuits won't have time to soak up the moisture from the whipped cream. You made me lust for a big slice right now. Thanks for sharing.