Sunday, November 21, 2010

Australian Quilt Market

As a new business, I made my very first visit to Australian Quilt Market (AQM) yesterday. While nowhere near as impressive as International Quilt Market, it's a good chance to see some upcoming fabrics in person and check out the latest from some fantastic Aussie designers.

I visited the Creative Abundance booth where I spoke to the very lovely Natalie Ross and collected a heap of catalogues, so I'll be ordering some new patterns in soon. I also managed to snap up a copy of Kaleidoscope, and a bundle of fat quarters of Where the Wind Blows by Melanie Hurlston of Melly & Me fame.


I also checked out the upcoming fabrics from Saffron Craig, and hope to get a few of those in stock at some point.

I must admit, the booth showing off Moda fabrics was a lot less impressive than I expected; just a table with a few new fabrics, and two or three quilts hanging opposite. I managed to snag a pack of charm packs of Just Wing It! , an upcoming range for MoMo which will be available in the new year. They are available in my store now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your big outing , lucky you ! Love the look of "wing it "