Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday

After working full time for the last two months, its been a relief to go back to part time this week. We all know what free time is for: sewing!

My Work in Progress (or WIP) is the 2012 Designer Mystery BOM. I've been sneaking a little time here and there between other commitments, but Wednesday is all mine!


I've got just two of the 12 blocks left to quilt, then the sashing and borders. So close to the end I can almost smell it.


Once I'm done I will finally make a start on piecing Star Blossoms, though I don't think I'll get it finished before I go on holidays. All the pieces are cut, and currently stored in a Decor pastry tub (idea courtesy of Badskirt).


The tubs are perfect for a layer cake or a quilt that's cut and ready to piece, and only cost around $10 or so. And they stack up nicely so you don't end up with a big mess on your sewing table.


4 comments:

Emily said...

Gorgeous!!!

Robyn of Oz said...

Nice work Kate! Love good storage tips, thanks!
I'm also a huge fan of those zip lock bags - from the little snack and sandwich ones, up to the big ones - as it is surprising just how much you can fit in them. Very handy to keep lots of pieces together, like the star points of Liberty Stars by Emma and Pam Jansen. There is 1024 pieces in that quilt!
Enjoy your Wednesday "piece and quiet" day.
Cheers

Marg said...

I started using those tubs ages ago, they are perfect for keeping projects and blocks. I've been using them for the Circle Game blocks. The zip lock bags are great too for keeping smaller pieces together.

a good yarn said...

Great storage tip. I love those Decor containers. Your quilting is coming along nicely too.