Saturday, December 4, 2010

Simple Summer Pasta

I'm a pasta-lover, and could quite happily eat is several nights a week. The warm weather brings a dilemma however, and it gets too hot to be making and eating yummy warm sauces with my pasta.

For days like today I prefer a cool pasta, and this recipe is a sinch!


You just need:

  • tomatoes; either diced large tomatoes or halved cherry toms.
  • basil; grab a handful and tear the leaves.
  • a clove of garlic, sliced thinly or crushed. This adds a bit of bite to it.
  • olive oil. I usually add 6 glugs, but it would depend on how many serves you want.
  • a dash of red wine vinegar; I usually use about 1 teaspoon.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.

Let it sit for about half an hour, cook your pasta, drain, then toss it into the sauce. Mix it round then serve it up! The pasta will be slightly warm, but far more pleasant to eat when its hot.

It's hot enough here that Bella has taken to lying on the kitchen floor...looks a bit akward!

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Looks yummy! I'd have to add some parmesan to it because I'm a bit of a cheese addict.

Carol said...

YUMMERS!