Friday, June 24, 2011

Free-Form Fruit Tarts

I had a little pastry left over after making that yummy chicken pie, so I made dessert! You can put any fruit you like into these tarts; the standard is apple, but I used some gorgeous ripe pears.



You need some shortcrust pastry; roll out some small, rough circles. I put some almond meal in the centre to soak up the fruit juices and stop the pastry going soggy. Then pile in some peeled, thinly-sliced fruit. Gather the pastry around (leave the fruit showing in the middle), brush with some egg or milk, and sprinkle a little sugar over the top. Then bake for 25-30 min at 180-200 degrees.

Serve with a dollop of cream or yoghurt....they are yum!

4 comments:

Marg said...

Yum and nice and easy too.

a good yarn said...

Yum-yum-yum-yum! My favourite version of this invilves rhubarb and apple and a little gunger.

Jodie said...

YUM, YUM, YUM!!! This is making me so hungry - I really must go have breaky...

Jodie :)

deebriese said...

Oh Im making these..what is almond meal?